I have yet to build a habit related to giving generously. It has been difficult for me to reconcile the idea of coming off as a braggart versus using this blog as a way to focus my efforts when developing better habits. Ultimately, this blog is for personal development, and I know my intentions are pure.
Habit: Perform a Random Act of Kindness every day for 66 days
Start Date: Sunday, 10/16/2016
Projected End Date: Wednesday, 12/21/2016
- Volunteer at the RW Food Shelf
- Read 2 books about philanthropy
- Watch 3 TED Talks about philanthropy
- Watch a documentary about philanthropy
- Find online volunteer opportunities
- Find volunteer opportunities in the RW art community
- Find a volunteer opportunity with the Project Management Institute
- Complete the Headspace Gratitude pack
- Track my random acts of kindness on Twitter
- Post weekly on Wednesdays about my progress
Incentive: If I complete a random act of kindness everyday for 66 days, I will celebrate by participating in a fun charity event.
Lofty Goal: Give generously
I’ll be building this habit throughout the holiday season. Focusing on acts of kindness and becoming more active in my community should only increase my holiday spirit!
Do you have a favorite volunteer activity? Please share in the comments below!