This habit has been very challenging for me, so it’s a good time to stop and reflect.
Action Plan Progress:
- DONE – 3/3 TED Talks watched
- DONE – Created a Pinterest inspiration board
- DONE – 6/5 banjo lessons
- 36/66 days of playing the banjo
- 3/11 weekly Saturday posts
- Started a running list of pro-tips for practicing
Lessons Learned: The biggest challenge so far has been figuring out how to practice daily when I am traveling almost every week for work. This problem presented immediately, and I decided to modify my goal to 66 days of practice rather than 66 consecutive days of practice.
I’ve been struggling with the issues of traveling with my banjo.
- The cost of a hard case
- Checking the bag or carrying it around with multiple layovers
- Where to practice when I’m in a hotel
- The amount of time I will have to practice when onsite with a client
After weighing my options the choice came down to traveling with my banjo or stopping my banjo lessons. I enjoy playing way too much to give up now, so I decided to buy a hard case. I will be traveling every week for the next 2 months and I will use the rest of my time building this habit to find out if traveling with my banjo is sustainable.
I LOVE playing the banjo, and I’m glad to be taking steps to play more!
Take a look at the below video the see my progress!
2 thoughts on “Strummin’ Saturday – The Middle”
I am so proud of you!!’ I want to hear more!😍
Thanks, Grandpa! Since I bought a hard case I was thinking of bringing my banjo with me to Texas!