I’ve made it through another 66 days. Here are the stats from my random acts of kindness habit.
Action Plan Progress:
- DONE – Volunteered at the RW Food Shelf
- DONE – 3 online volunteer opportunities found
- DONE – 1/1 documentary watched on philanthropy
- DONE – 3/3 TED Talks watched on philanthropy
- DONE – 67/66 days of random acts of kindness
- DONE – Read 2 books philanthropy
- DONE – Volunteered at the pumpkin carving display set up by a Red Wing artist
- DONE – Tracked my random acts of kindness on Twitter
- DONE – Completed the Headspace Gratitude pack
- Unable to find a volunteer opportunity with the Project Management Institute
- Posted 7/10 weekly progress updates
Incentive: Clayton and I will attend the Warm Up in the Wild event at the MN Zoo.
Lessons Learned: My first philanthropy habit was a lot of fun. I found the random acts of kindness I performed for Clayton to be particularly enjoyable. It showed me that I should be sure to keep those closest to me in mind when I set out to change the world.
One change that needs to be made is planning my posts up front. Vacations and illness impacted my progress updates. It is hard to find motivation to write some days but if I outline my posts up front it would be easier to keep up.
I fully intend on keeping up with my random acts of kindness, but I don’t feel like this habit warrants a 6 month check in.
I’m wrapping up at the perfect time and I look forward to spreading the joy over the holiday season. Best wishes to you and your families!