Well that was a quick jump from the “middle” to the end…
Action Plan Progress:
- DONE – 66/66 days of tracking our daily spending
- DONE – 3/3 TED Talks about personal finance watched
- DONE – Created a Pinterest inspiration board
- DONE – 2/2 books read on personal finance
- DONE – Determined best investment tool to save money (Vanguard)
- DONE – Analyzed online budgeting tools (we plan on using a spending plan)
- 5/10 weekly posts on Fridays about my progress
Incentive: We have a meeting scheduled with a financial planner next week. Even though The Little Book of Common Sense Investing has convinced me we don’t need a financial planner for investing we still have some tax related questions that I am excited to get answered!
Lessons Learned: I missed a lot of posts, but I was still able to meet the other items on my action plan. You’ve got to focus on the wins. This habit has given us the wonderful opportunity of getting feedback from friends and family about the tools they use to keep their family budget. We’ve had some fantastic conversations about what works and what doesn’t.
Clayton and I are going to keep up with the tracking until we are settled after our move. Once we get into a new routine we’ll set up our new spending plan.
Our sabbatical year will be here before you know it. If you have any inspiring memes/pictures/charts that keep you motivated to make good financial decisions please share them in the comments!