One way to improve your financial outlook is to find a new job that offers a higher salary. That has been my primary focus, and I started my new job this week. Things have finally started to settle down, but I am woefully behind on my weekly posts. The good news is even though I haven’t been posting we have been sticking to the plan, so lets look at the stats.
Action Plan Progress:
- DONE – 3/3 TED Talks about personal finance watched
- DONE – Created a Pinterest inspiration board
- 51/66 days of tracking our daily spending
- 1/2 books read on personal finance
- 3/10 weekly posts on Fridays about my progress
- Analyze online budgeting tools
- Determine best investment tools to save money with
Lessons Learned: Not great, but we have stuck with the daily habit and that is the ultimate goal. It has been enlightening to see where we are spending all of our money. After the first month Clayton thought it was important to add a Travel category to our tracking sheet.
We have yet to analyze our spending, but at the end of the 66 days we will have two months of data to review. From there we will decide between a monthly budget or a spending plan.
Do you have any experience with a spending plan? Please share your thoughts in the comments!