I’ve accomplished another habit! Now to take a step back and reflect on the last 2 months.
Action Plan Progress:
- DONE – 3/2 recipes from SparksRecipes attempted
- DONE – 3/2 recipes from the 8WW workbook attempted
- BONUS – 3 recipes from Mayo Clinic attempted
- DONE – Photo journal on Instagram
- DONE – Down 10.2 pounds!
- DONE – 10/10 weekly progress updates about developing better eating habits posted
Incentive: We did it! Not only did we eat an 8 Weeks to Wellness approved meal every day for 66 days, but both Clayton and I lost over 10 pounds! This is a cause for celebration. Good thing Clayton already bought our tickets to the Cubs home opener in April!
Lessons Learned: This change wasn’t nearly as hard as taking on a whole new diet. Transitioning from day 66 of tracking to day 1 of not tracking was a non-event. I still had a side salad and chicken noodle soup for lunch. I didn’t feel the need to rebel against the diet or overly celebrate. Clayton had a great call out. “I don’t have to eat everything I want all the time to feel satisfied.” Words to live by, indeed.
Another benefit to planning at least one meal a day is that I am better able to cope with my hectic work schedule. Over the last few months I have been able to eat a good lunch more often than not.
Having a secondary goal of weight loss definitely helped keep me motivated. Watching the weight steadily come off gave me renewed vigor at the start of each week. And I am excited to keep it up.
6 Month Goals:
- Try 2 new Mayo Clinic recipes
- Continue to use 8WW as a guide for portion control and food selection
Please be on the look out for my next healthy habit!