My last recipe roundup is from SparkPeople. It’s an online community for healthy living that I was hip on a few years ago. I thought now was a good time to jump back in a peruse their offerings.
Paula’s Ranch Style Pork Chops & Potatoes
- 4 boneless pork chops
- 8 small red potatoes, cut into bit sized chunks
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1 packet hidden valley ranch dressing mix
- 1 tbsp paprika
- Brown pork chops and remove from skillet
- Add soup, milk, dressing, and potatoes to skillet, mix well, cover and cook for 15 mins
- Add pork chops and paprika, cover and cook for 15 mins
I really love this recipe. It’s simple and only calls for one pan which makes for easy clean up.
Healthy Chicken Vegetable Casserole
- 12 oz cooked chicken breast, diced
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp butter
- 10 oz skim milk
- 1 tbsp Parmesan
- 7 oz whole wheat penne pasta, cooked
- 2 orange bell peppers, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 2 head broccoli, chopped, cooked
- 1/3 cup Monterrey jack cheese
- Make a roux with the flour and butter, add milk, parmesan, and spices to taste
- Mix pasta, vegetables, and cheese mixture in a bowl, place in a baking dish and sprinkle cheese
- Bake at 350 covered with foil for 20 minutes
This make a lot of casserole. I liked it at first, but the portion size seemed huge. It got me to eat some vegetables I don’t normally eat, but I probably won’t make it again.
- 2 slices of bread
- 2 tbsp marinara
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp parmesan
- Bread, marinara, mozzarella, parmesan, marinara, and bread
- Grill until cheese is melted
This was something that seemed appetizing in the picture, but just did not turn out that well. I won’t be making this again and would not recommend it.
I did not have much luck with the SparkPeople recipes. I think part of the problem is that fewer ingredients are better when trying to eat healthy and follow the 8WW meal plans. I’m glad I tried to branch out, but I might stick with simpler meals and less carbs.
Have you have better luck on SparkPeople? Please share your favorite recipe in the comments!