I’m half way through the initial 66 days of building this smoothie habit. Let’s take a look at the numbers!
Action Plan Progress:
- 36 of 66 consecutive days of drinking a fruit and vegetable smoothie.
- Smoothies have been consistently prepared on the weekend.
- 36 of 66 photos with smoothie recipes shared on Instagram.
- 1 of 2 books read on food science.
- 0 of 2 cooking classes taken that will help us get more vegetables in our meals.
- 1 of 3 new restaurants with vegetarian options visited.
- My weight has not changed since adding smoothies to my diet.
- 6 of 11 weekly posts shared.
Overall I feel like I am making good progress on this habit. I was disappointed to see that there has been no change in my weight, but eating more fruits and vegetables is better than not. Not everything is dependent on a scale, and that was not the primary objective in developing this habit. I need to get on the ball with the cooking classes, but everything this time of year is related to Thanksgiving. Ah, I’m sure something will turn up!
Mixing up the ingredients by usings fruits and vegetables that I wouldn’t normally eat has kept up my enthusiasm. This project would be tedious if we ate the same thing over and over. My favorite new fruit in smoothies is honeydew and vegetable is chard.
I’m happy that we have made it to the half way point, but this is where things will get more difficult. With Thanksgiving this week I am worried that we might fall off the wagon with all the travel. Please share any helpful tips and tricks you have about eating well while traveling in the comments!