Clayton had the idea that my next habit should focus on something that will improve our diet. We struggled with agreeing on a change that would have a positive impact but wasn’t too much to take on all at once. We finally settled on a habit that addressed the fact that we do not get enough fruits and vegetables on a daily basis.
Habit: Drink a fruit and vegetable smoothie everyday for 66 days.
Start Date: Sunday, 10/18/2015
Projected End Date: Wednesday, 12/23/2015
- Prep smoothies for the week on Sundays.
- Keep a daily photo journal with my smoothie recipes.
- Read 2 books on food science.
- Take 2 cooking classes that will help us get more vegetables in our meals.
- Try vegetarian meals at 3 new restaurants.
- Track weight weekly to measure benefits of change in diet.
- Post weekly progress updates on Sundays about developing better eating habits.
Incentive: An excursion on our Mexico Christmas trip!
Lofty Goal: Being healthy
We are planning on incorporating this habit into our morning routine. This should be especially helpful during the week since we often turn to Starbucks for a quick breakfast. We are both excited and ready to incorporate this change into our diet but we do see some risks.
The first 66 days of cultivating this habit will take us through our Thanksgiving holiday in Texas. We’ll have to figure out a way to keep the habit up while we are traveling. We’ll also need to make sure that we plan enough time for food prep and smoothie making. Clayton and I are both committed to this habit and I am sure that will carry us through the first 66 days.
Please share your favorite smoothie recipe in the comments! I’m sure I’ll have time to try them all. Cheers!