In the fall of 2013 my husband, Clayton, and I did the 8 Weeks to Wellness program through our chiropractor’s office. While our results were not as spectacular as his, I did come away with a lot of healthy habits. It was also my first foray into meditation and I would love to make the habit stick this time around.
Habit: Meditate for 10-30 minutes everyday for 66 days.
Start Date: Sunday, 08/09/2015
Projected End Date: Tuesday, 10/13/2015
- Keep a daily photo journal of the various locations where I meditate.
- Read two books related to meditation.
- Reach out to two people who can provide insights about meditating.
- Attend two meditation classes.
- Experiment with different meditation techniques (walking meditation, candle staring, etc.).
- Post weekly progress updates on Mondays about developing my meditation habit.
Incentive: When I meet my goal of meditating everyday for 66 days, my reward will be a half to full day meditation retreat!
Lofty Goal: Attaining enlightenment & being healthy!
It is becoming generally accepted that meditation can have many health benefits. I can certainly spare 10-30 minutes a day to help improve my concentration and lower my stress levels. Also becoming centered and finding inner peace seems like a great place to start when trying to become more enlightened.
Do you have any great tips on meditation? Please share your experience in the comments!